Thread: Stupid cops!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 12:28 AM   #57
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
This is in no way a 'hate cops' thread. You need to re-read the posts. We may disagree about policing methods and police immunity to criticism but no one actually 'hates' cops. Well, maybe Unit 5302 does, but I doubt it. Don't confuse disagreement, criticism or dissent with 'hate'. Huge difference and you want to use that word carefully.
Ok, so maybe "hate" was a bad word to use, but there was a lot of bashing going on here. If u think of it, the word cop, has always been a sore subjuect with motorists. A lot of ppl think that all cops are out to get us. But those are the guilty few. I too get anyoed when I see a cop pull right up behind me just to read my plates, thinking, "Oh great, what does he want now." But there have been times where I did something wrong, and I get scared when a cop pulls up behind me.

My first ticket I ever got was from a corupt officer. I had my cruise comtrol set at 55 right after passing some slow cars, which I passed at 55, (they were going 45). This was at night when my blinkers wern't working. I was about to change lanes, so I checked all my mirrors, blind spots, everything, no one was around me. So I changed. About 30 sec after I changed lanes, I saw bright lights on behind me, and it scared me because just a moment ago, no one was there.

He pulles me over and says that he was following me the whole was and I was going 70mph in a 50. Well, that wasn't true, but I got the ticket anyway. I was going to fight it, but didn't because of the Air Force, and I couldn't miss work.

SO now I have a ticket for something I didn't even do, and it haunts me.

My final words are, some cops are dicks, and they give everyone else a bad name.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote