View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 03:05 PM   #1
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Default Should I sell my car?

I have been debating for a while on whether or not to sell my car. I have always thought this car would be with me forever and after I graduated college I would buy something else then restore my Stang. But, although it still looks really sharp when cleaned up, the body is showing signs of age. Rust is showing up around the doors and rear fenders and has gotten so bad around the windshield that water gets inside when it rains.

I know I will never get the money out of it that I put into it, but I could probably do much better selling it now than later. I have one semester left to graduate with my marketing degree, but my plans are to stay another 2 years and finish my engineering degree also. So, if I were to sell it in two years, I think the rust will be much worse and the car's value will become almost nothing.

Mechanically, it is reliable and just has a few leaks. Part of what is weighing heavily on my decision is that I drive my motorcycle most of the time. I just mainly use the stang in the rain (which means it leaks) or in the winter. And, we all know stangs aren't the best in the snow. Opinions??

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote