View Single Post
Old 05-18-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
Tod
Registered Member

it will take a while if the import scene (TRUE import enthusiasts) ever overtakes the hard-core muscle-car/domenstic scene. at least around here anyway. everyone in here i'm sure has seen their fair share of wannabe's and look-a-like Civic Si's. i have even been able to notive numerous times when i've seen Cobra clones trolling the streets. Cobra badging, Cobra spoiler, Cobra rims, sounds like a Cobra, but with a GT front end and the letters "Mustang GT" debossed into the rear bumber (he might have wanted to change those first). as you said, the domestic scene is not in any way lacking in posers. i for one don't mind when i see Cobra R's on a GT or even a 6-banger, they're very nice rims that can really spice up a Mustang, chrome or not.

but the import scene is really a big trouble area. kids' formula to make their car fast is loud paint scheme+20" rims+fart can+big wing+tinted windows+stickers+800lb, $4000 sound system+bad attitude = fast car. when actually that equals up to a lost race, bigger attitude, and usually getting made fun of in the process. while there are a handul of true import enthusiasts who have cars that rocket by alot of things on the road, they are not easily found. until they outnumber rice, our world will just have to put up with them.