View Single Post
Old 06-09-2002, 04:49 PM   #55
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Marty, it may be that I'm being a little harsh on my 2002. I like the car, and it scores better than my 87 if you'll notice. It's just that I have a 427FE in the garage to put into say a 67 Cougar or something, and instead, I'm putting money into a car payment lol. That's something I haven't had in like 5 years.

Ford has a SOHC engine with a lower redline than my old 87 5.0 pushrod engine. If Ford would have beefed up the bottom end a little to take what a performance engine should make, you could have a 7000rpm redline on the SOHC engine, and make it wind to produce serious power.

I don't really regret buying the car, and once I stick a few hundred into it for mods, I'm sure the character will change dramatically. We'll have to see.

The only thing I've noticed is the average newer 4.6L GT owner has a serious ego. I just happen to know it's out of place. I don't like the ego, and I'd rather people just love the Mustang, period. I don't have a Cobra, or the Mach 1 I'd desperately love to have. If I did, I wouldn't make fun of the GT. I just don't understand where the arrogance comes from?