Thread: No more 4.6L's
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #15
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I see a post like that VERY rarely...
and our forum is NOTHING like Mustangworld other than the fact that most newbie mustang drivers drive the 4.6. Would you rather they go to stangnet and learn how to put in neon undercarriage lights or come hear and learn what a set of 3.73s can do for performance

Personally, I love the old 5.0, but the modular motor is here, and whether you like it or not, its going to be here for a while.

And actually, stock for stock, the 2nd generation 4.6 SOHC mustang does have more horsepower and IS a bit faster in the quarter mile than a 5.0 GT\LX.

I would hope that our 5.0 brothers would accept us and join us in spanking the heck out of all those ricers. (Foreign OR domestic) [/B][/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _

Personaly I could care less which car is faster......The problem I have is the total lack of respect they have for the 5.0......All they do is talk about stock vs stock.....When is the last time you seen a stock 5.0 at the track.

I get along with the LS1 guys way better than the 4.6L guys at the track. I am not talking about mustang works I am talking about all of the crap I have to put up with in my home town.

There seems to be some cool 4.6L guys on this site...Hammer/Unit/Stoplightwarrior/CrazyHorse/LizardKing/Mercury....etc...

Unfortunately nearly all the 4.6L guys that I personaly know think there car is faster than mine"stock".

I lke the new GT's.......Its just that some of there drivers need a reality check, and I am more than happy to provide that reality check every Saturday at West Texas Raceway Park.

I have only been in the Modular Madness forum a couple of times, maybe I just had a bad experience.

Later,