View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 11:19 AM   #20
polara7777
Registered Member

Quote:
It's more than just a name that makes Harley's an investment. You don't pay twice as much for the name, but if you ever decide to sell it, you will make your money back. I haven't seen a ricer hold it's value any farther than the first street off the showroom floor.
Really??? I know where a near stock $7000+ 79 Suzuki sits right now. I'd say it held it's value pretty well. Yes Harleys hold value but sports bikes also can hold value. It's a matter of picking the right one. I personally dis-like Harleys and most Harley riders. They are rude, ignorant, and arrogant. I won't say all Harley riders are like this but around here the majority of them are. I'm not trying to get into any argument about this but every time a Harley rider tries telling me a crotch rocket won't value it pisses me off. Had one try telling me that while I was on my dads $7000+ Suzuki. Oh REALLY??? But anyway, once again not trying to argue and your right most don't hold value but not all. My 2 cents
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote