View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 01:59 AM   #1
robertwigton
Registered Member

Red face Hon"dua"S2000 SAYS"Great race,but ......

I've been working on my friends 86 T-Bird lately.Car was a Turbo coupe.Converted to 89 GT motor /5 speed.Flat tops w/"F" cam +
Home ported(By me) and milled (.040) E7s.Torqur 2 intake,4 hole 1" spacer, 650 mech sec Holley,2.5 w/cross over,.2:73 rear gears-electric fan of a Sable.He mostly runs about 97 MPH @ 14.40s w/2.10 60ft.We had just put on a set of Summit cheapo long tubes and where @ the track trying to dail in the jets+timing with headers.For some reason not aparent he lost a couple of miles MPH and was running 14.50s.Soooooooo,its getting late and he makes his 2 to last run .we where watching his time and trying to figure our next "Adjustment" when this guy comes over and says"Great" race!I was like"ya" great!!!AFTER HE LEFT , I ASKED MY FRIEND "WHO"Was that??? he said that he was in the lane next to him on the last run!I was like,YOU missed 3 gear!
He just said"I know"!I really don't mind most of these guys , and these guy was real nice,BUT!I'm really sick of going to the track,and getting 4 runs in 5 hours 'cause these guys with there "Hot" xmports are doing 50ft burn-outs for 12 mins every time that they get to the staging lanes! And then,theres the guy w/the WRX that was talking on his phone at the entrance gate like he was John Force....he runs,and I watch him all nite....he's running 14.50 @ 97 MPH.These things are faster then that STOCK!
He was putting ice on the intrecooler,"Ya" don't worry about the "Other"200 people out here,just "Water" down the hole track,OK!Then theres the guys with the "15" sec rx7 that ,no matter what happens,they'll always be "Winners"if they make it to the end of the track.....even if they gotta spend the next 3 hours cleaning up the oil they laided down to get the end of the track!
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote