View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 12:03 AM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Unhappy 03 Cobra Incident...

Well, its official...
The SVT Mustang tech thread has made Modular Madness the most infamous Mustang Forum on the internet.

I saw that post yesterday and I guess I just didn't realize just how WRONG what this guy did was....

I actually just skimmed over the post... yadda, yadda, joyride, yadda yadda, 03 Cobra.... and my response was : "Glad you had fun!"... What the hell was I thinking?!

I totally missed that he had the damn thing to 140, and how the hell did I miss the realisation that he posted the damn LICENSE PLATE! And that this could get pretty ugly....

and guess what... it did....

Later on in the thread I did post that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to do something like that, but it doesn't excuse my first response to the post or my inaction to it....
----------------------

Quote:
Well, stangman....
Looks like you might want to consider the other side of things before you joyride....
Although I must admit its REALLY tempting, I can see where I'd be pissed if a mechanic did that with the yellow beastie...
-------------------------

Now MW is back up with a slow message board.... Dan is going through hell, and I just might be out of a moderator position. I certainly failed in this little fiasco....

I personally feel like crap....

I'll ask Dan to see if he wants me to keep the post or delete it, something this hot, I'm not going to decide this one on my own....

Poor Todd,
If you are still with us, while I certainly can't speak for the entire staff, let me personally apologise for how this was handled, or rather, not handled correctly. I also apologise for my early statements in the thread, as I certainly wouldn't want anyone "manhandling" my car but me.... I certainly understand your disgust and frustration.

What stangman did was wrong any way you slice it, and I'm sure none of our members or staff condone it (including myself).

This is a very good community we have here, and I hope this incident doesn't change anything in that respect...

As far as folks who clicked on this thread to jump in on this incident, let me state that we are VERY friendly folks here who get along great. In fact, I can't ever remember a flame war before this one....

If your new, I REALLY hope you stay and contribute to the group. I think you'll find that we have a very wide knowledge base and helpful people.

You won't ever see that change while I'm still moderator.

For all you new folks, I hope you stay.
I think you'll find that the "most infamous" forum on the net is a pretty nice place to be.

Adam "Hammer" Packett
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote