View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
MustangGT1990
Registered Member

BigRed90GT:

I have already replaced the clutch position switch in my many attempts to remedy my problem. Then I found out that my T-5 also has a neutral position switch mounted on top of the transmission itself (apparently only used during part of 1990 from what I can find out so far) that senses if you are in neutral or a gear. My understanding of this switch is it is closed when it's in neutral and open the rest of the time. (Or it could be the other way around, can't member right now). Anyways, my car is not safe to drive right now because when you start slowing down and down shift you take a chance on the engine stopping unless you keep the RPMs up. I'm beginning to wonder if the computer is damged or if I have an open circuit or a short.
1990 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary Edition, 5 speed, 5.0 bored .030" over, FRPP 65mm throttle body, FRPP 1.6 roller rockers, 70 mm MAF, Compcams XE264HR, FRPP Aluminum driveshaft, FRPP Heavy duty clutch, BBK offroad H-pipe, Dual-chamber Flows, Energy Suspension engine and tranny mounts
MustangGT1990 is offline   Reply With Quote