View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Default Re: FMU worthless with larger injectors?

Quote:
Originally posted by USMC302
Here is what is it and has.
95 GT :vortech supercharger with 8psi, 155lph T-rex fuel pump, vortech FMU, pullies, X-pipe, shifter, broken vortech BTM ignition, stock motor

Here is what is happening:
12psi pulley upgrade, 30lb injectors with Mass Air meter, 75mm throttle body, Trickflow Street Intake, new ignition box with BTM, 3.73 gears.

Will this be stable for a stock bottom end and should I ditch the FMU? If so what hoses do I need to reroute and/or bypass? Thanks, any other suggestions for these kind of upgrades will be very helpfull. I am limited on funds since all of this is already bought and in the garage, I know that compression should be lowered before going higher on boost, but will I be ok with what i have for everyday driving?
The 30's and the fmu work pretty well if your on a tight budget. With the upgrade in boost, I would definately ungrade the in-tank pump to a 255 (Walbro GSS340). The 155 just isn't going to keep up. Fmu's are good for people who don't have the time, money, or avaliability to a proper dyno tune. Your setup would make more power with a slightly bigger injector, no fmu, and a good tune than it would with the fmu in other words. Most guys want to optimize their setups, so they get rid of them and get bigger injectors.

As far as the 12 lbs being safe on a stock bottom end, as long as you don't have any detonation, you should be fine. I've seen more than that ran on a stock bottom end, just not for long if you know what I mean.