View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 07:14 AM   #21
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I'm moving to california this summer... but irvine... so that's a bit of a drive.. I'll look you up if I ever go to SF for the weekend...

basicaly electric gauges are easiest to install.. you just need to run a lead to the sender (the part in the engine that sends the signal to the gauge) from teh gauge and then you usualy need to run a lead to a power source. I said Key ON power source so that the gauges arent on ALL the time, not that they drain alot of power or anything but it's just a nice clean install. You'd probably need to find a power source for the lights too. You'd need to tap into the dash lights so that the gauges light up when you put the headlights on... It all sounds like alot, it's really not.. though if you've never doen it, I can imagine it's tough when you dont know what you're looking at.

If you wanna get into this job, you'll need a test light for sure.. they are cheap...you can get them at any auto parts store... it looks like an ice pick with a wire stickin out the bottom. This will help you identify where that's power.

I can get into it further if you want.
-as