View Single Post
Old 07-30-2001, 03:07 PM   #11
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

I think I had a case of wishful thinking when I felt the upper-rpm power because I went to the dyno and got the exact same results. Something is very wrong....

I put my 19# injectors back on and in order to get the best air to fuel ratio (and therefore power) I have to adjust the fuel pressure as low as the regulator will go. I'm running 28 psi and still coming in with an AFR of 12.4 or so. Stock mustangs have to run about 38-40 psi with the 19s. I had to run the fuel pressure as low as it would go with the 24# injectors also.

Through all of this I have determined that the valves aren't opening at the right time. I have a horrible feeling that the cam wasn't degreed correctly when it was installed. Short of pulling the accessories and timing cover, are there any tell-tale signs to determine a cam isn't degreed correctly? Any other ideas why I would have to run such a low psi?

I really need some advice from some of our resident experts on the board before I dump more money into my baby. Thanks -

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms

[This message has been edited by 89 Cobra LX (edited 07-30-2001).]
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote