View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 08:48 AM   #9
crazypete
Registered Member

Forget wax! Wax makes all the black vinyl look terrible even if you get a tiny amount in the wrong place.

Get some of that black magic tire silicone in the pump bottle. Spray conservatively. This gets rid of the wax spots instantly. Oh my Lord! You car wont just shine, it will gleam! I have never seen an old paintjob transform the way it does under silicone. The solvents in the silicone are so weak that I have never seen it hurt any paintjob, even crappy "flat" spraypainted panels (even made the flat paint gleam). Make sure to overspray and get it on the glass and in all the little nooks and crannies (I'm serious) . It makes a fantastic rustproofing for the hard to reach spots and makes glass so slippery, water just beads and rolls off (takes a fair amount of rubbing, though, to get rid of the cloudy effect on the glass but it is worth it). The fresh looking jet black vinyl on the car will scream out at you as if the car had just rolled off the assembly line. Honestly, best stuff in my whole arsenal.

When you're done, you can take the silicone soaked paper towels and move to the inside and make the dashboard scream at you too (armor all is just silicone). The car will have that "dealership" silicone smell.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote