View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 07:02 AM   #44
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Yes, my fan's leading edge is facing the radiator so I guess it's blowing in the right direction. But it looks REALLY small compared to the engine.

I bought a Ford OEM thermo and placed it in a pan of water next to the STANT. Guess what? The Stant opened up first! So I took a ride and bought a Robert Shaw thermo last night. I haven't installed it yet but I DID try to install the Ford OEM. I wasn't happy. The thermo didn't open until my engine was at about 210-220 degrees. That's way to much for my engine. My reason for installing it was because I noticed a pressure valve at 12 0'clock that I assumed would help, but didn't. Today I'm going home after work and trying the 180 degree Robert Shaw thermo and installing a mechanical fan from Flex fan designed for reverse rotation. The shroud will be coming in tomarrow from the Ford dealer. I hope I can figure this out. This Sat. is Ford day at Lebanon Valley and I'd like to be part of the show even if I can't make a pass. 1 more question. What type of damage am I doing to my brand new engine by allowing it to keep heating up? I was thinking about it last night and it really started to bother me. I have this really expensive engine that hasn'e even been truely broken in and I keep getting it hot. Not to the point where it has ever boiled over, but it gets hot. Am I killing my engine?
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote