View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 11:55 PM   #52
PKRWUD

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you refire tomorrow (Thursday), provided you PRESSURE TEST THE CAP. you didn't mention that in your last post, yet I believe it's the number one contributor to your problem. You even said so in the first paragraph:

"FYI-When we ran the engine with the pump attached in place of the cap the engine was nice and cool,"

That's why I joined this thread in the first place. I thought I read that you said that, which pretty much tells me your cap sucks. The other factors are equally important, and none should be overlooked, but please take care of the cap. If you can't get yours tested, then just go buy a vented 17 pound Stant cap (with the little red lock on it). In fact, do that anyway. Test the cap later when you have time, but before you fire it up, install a new 17 pound cap with a pressure relief valve on it (the Stant one with the red thing).

HEY, also, don't forget to re-torque your bolts SOON (intake/head/exhaust)! Go ahead and drive it for a day, but that's it. All of these hot/cold cycles have expanded and contracted the heads enough to put a permenant "crush" into the gaskets, which is why they should always be retorqued after the first few days.

Now, GO BUY THAT CAP!!!

Take care
~Chris

Hey Matt! Very nice to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words! It really amazes me that even after being gone from here for over a year, people still remember me. That's kinda cool. Thanks!

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote