Thread: Imports?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #7
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

It seems to me that the traditional domestic vs domestic rivalry has been very diminished, and maybe turned into a sort of an unspoken/uneasy alliance in the face of the "Import Craze". I would have to say that the main reason for this would be that dom/dom rivalry was more of a " flavor" matter, whereas the dom/import rivalry is more of a complete difference of worldviews. Domestic folks tend to like the same things, just different flavors of it, kinda like a sibling rivalry. Domestics and true tuners only have the "speed" common ground, but that can be enough. I've noticed that the true import fans (as opposed to ricers) seem to get along fine with domestic folks, or at least better than you'd expect.
Ricers however are on a completly different planet. My definition of a "ricer" , rice boy, or the scientific name "obnoxicus importicus/domesticus" is someone who is more concerned with making their car look fast, than they are with actually making it fast.
Thants what makes embarassing them so much fun. They as a rule have no clue how pitiful they are.
Sorry, end rant
I've seen nice domestics, I've seen nice imports, but I ain't never seen a nice ricer

Jorge
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote