View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 08:16 PM   #29
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I bought it used...bone stock. The hood was added and the side scoops by the previous owner. It had some minor front end damage and I presume that's when he changed the hood.

My car is a bit of a paradox. It's an '00 with '02 hood and side scoops and the grill delete like the '96 - '98's. Oh well. I like it the way it is.

It is a 5 speed.

I just dropped the catback in on Sat. The quality is perfect and everything lined up "on the money". If you have a lift, this is a 20 minute job as long as you have some spray to lube the rubber exhaust mounts to pull the old exhaust off. I also, cut the old exhaust off which saves time.

My buddies lift was occupied, so we had to use jack stands. It took an hour. The exhaust tipes are really nice. I would say that they have to be worth $100 just for them.

The sound is really nice. Try to hear one live if you can. It may be a little loud for some with a vert. If it had a volume switch, I would turn it down about 20% for my taste, but I still really like it.

It makes an awesome muscle car crackling when you down shift and is just trully amazing at WOT. To those that have heard it, they ask if I have an off-road X pipe too, if that gives you any idea.

I will be at a Mustang and Ford show in Pa on May 30th. here is a link:

http://www.homestead.com/vfmc/

Click on "our car show" on the left colum.

I will have a booth or tent there selling raffle tickets for a 2005 Mustang GT to raise money for a charity that I run (childhood cancer). I am looking for some girls actually (19+) to help sell tickets (whatever works lol).

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote