View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 02:56 PM   #43
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Cats ae gone...already have the BBK cold air intake in the fenderwell...but I was just told to get rid of it because the MAF doesn't like bends before the meter.....which way should I go? If I get the new intake, won't that be mismatched with the heads??

Can you explain how I set the timing to 16 degrees with a dial timing light? Based on the pic I attached yesterday, is my timing currently set to 10 degrees?? I set the dial to 10, and the black mark on my damper showed up at the mark I labeled "B" in the pic. I just need help figuring out where my timing is before I go screwing around with it. thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by 88fivepointoh
I feel like there is way to many mixed matched parts happening here. First, get a new UPPER AND LOWER.. The Victor 5.8 fine, secondly, get the bbk fenderwell cold air intake, it will work great I use it myself. Reset your Timing at 16 degrees. You said h-pipe with cats or without? If you have cats, GET RID OF THEM, they will kill you the most. if everything is up tp par, you shouldn't have idleing issues. Check you ignition too, Run a separite Ground Strap from the battery to the Distributor hold down nut and see if she smooths out.. I has crazy problems with a bad ground cable that looked to be in mint shape. They corrode from the inside out. Ignition coil too, check that. when you pull the chip, is your idle set properly? I think A complete look over is needed, maybe get second opinions or a local guy to help you out. Your engine biulder mighty know how to build a block but know $hit about getting it to work with the components. Thats my guess.....
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote