Thread: Aurora Tires
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Aurora Tires

My 97 GT came with Goodyear ZR45's. They rode good, lasted about 20K miles. Great traction. I replaced them with BFG Comp T/A ZR's, they rode good, looked awesome, great traction, lasted about 20K miles, cost $850/4 mounted and balanced. I bought some Sumitomo's for $650/4, hated them from day one. At that time it was my wife's car and I was cutting costs because if I told her I was going to spend $850 on tires again she woud probably trade it. 2 weeks later she bought an 02 V6, and I got the 97 with those crappy tires. They were roadwalky and wouldn't ever balance right. they lasted about 12K miles and I bought some Capitals, $351/4. At first they were balanced perfect and rode good, then I bought new wheels and from then on they have never been balanced just right and as they wear they get noisier and traction sucks.

My son just got an 03 GT, has new Goodyear ZR45's on it, they are so smooth and quiet, I have sworn off cheap tires. My next set (soon I hope) will either be a set of Goodyears or back to the BFG's which were my favorites.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote