View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #42
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Default Re: What's the worst car you've ever owned?

I'm amending mine to be my 1998 Mustang Cobra that i recently got rid of.
In the first year, things were "ok (relative term)" but at about 80,000 miles it fell apart. i bought it with 69,000 miles
Problems:
It had previously blown the engine (had a reman)
popped out of 4th gear, apparently only fix (Technical Service Bulletin) is to replace the main shaft.....so yeah, needed a new T-45
Front brakes warped immediately and brakes squeeled (ford pads) even though there was TONS left (about 8mm when it started)
Check engine light; purge valve was faulty, had a bank 1 lean code and O2 sensor code, the catalytic converter(s) plugged shortly after check engine light came on. - So yeah, it just made noise at full throttle and didn't go anywhere.
The idle air control valve started to stick
Throwout bearing went bad on new clutch installed right before i bought it (when it had blown the engine). Bought a ford replacement clutch kit.....new throwout bearing made noise after a week and began failing(ford bearing).
I weight 160 pounds and sit gingerly but the side bolster and leather still wore out
The factory CD player failed......new factory CD player failed after a month so i gave up
The air conditioning system developed a leak, so no A/C

....I know there's other stuff that pissed me off as well but i don't remember EVERY problem with this pile.
Also, i lost tons of money on getting rid of this thing because i had to go to school and this thing was UNDRIVABLE.

For reference i drove my 1987 Jeep Cherokee with 252,000 miles down here (I moved to Tucson, Arizona to go to U of A) and all it's needed in 6 years was a new belt, hoses, tune up, trans service.....yeah, maintenence and that's it.

I'm never buying another mustang cobra again (it was a 1998)

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote