Thread: FFW RESULTS
View Single Post
Old 04-23-1999, 11:25 AM   #20
Mike Wesley
Registered Member

The way I read the computer rules in SR is that the engine must be driven by the factory EEC. This is why you can't run a DFI, FelPro, Electromotive, Speedbrain, EPEC, etc.

They allow you to change the calibration of the EEC (Chip, Calibrator, etc..) or modify the signals generated by the EEC (PMS, Extender, Interceptor) but not have a different computer controlling the engine.

2FAST4U, your Speedbrain is a standalone system that replaces the EEC. From what APE says, it has ZERO EEC related parts in it. Based on that, and the way the rules are written, currently no standalone EFI systems are allowed. Just becuase the Speedbrain's case is the same as the EEC's case, doesn't fly (IMO). I can take a DFI system and stick it in an EEC case...would that be legal? Nope. (Oh, don't take all of this the wrong way...just pointing stuff out)

I'm developing some documentation for George that will explain exactly what each system does, how it fits or doesn't fit within the rules and how to regulate it all.

As for street cars vs race cars, well, that's get a bit tough. I own a 94 F150 Lighting that puts out enough power to push that #4500 truck to 133 MPH in the 1/4. It has cruise, A/C all of that and I drive it around all the time (drove it from MI to SBSO last year).
Since it puts out WAY more power than alot of pure race cars, is it a race truck or a street truck?