Thread: FFW RESULTS
View Single Post
Old 04-24-1999, 05:10 PM   #24
trustreet19
Registered Member

To all who have discussed my car in this forum - lets set the record straight.Iwas the guy that ran the 9.56 in tru street. First of all I did not lie to the tech. guys about my car. It was a brand new motor and I did not know what it would run. If it ran quicker than 10.00 I understood that I would be DQed. The problem I have with the whole thing was the way the rules were enforced and applied. Some cars spent no time in tech while others were picked apart. Example; the red car that won practically drove thru tech. The cars that wer'nt slick and had no sponsors were harrased by the head tech official and his very unproffesional manner. This is not just my opinion but the opinion of 3 other competitors in this class that I spoke with. Example: When I didnt get my second timeslip I was told by the head tech official that if I couldnt make a fourth and fifth pass I was just f----d. Should'nt I have just been told that I was already DQed? No need to be rude. To the folks at FFW - I have ran many times at Bristol and Atlanta. Ive been winner once and a runner up once. I do this for fun but if this is the way you run a program then I and many people who spoke to me and shook my hand at Atlanta will be looking to race elsewere(NMCA) where rules are enforced equally.

Rob Roberts

[This message has been edited by trustreet19 (edited 04-24-99).]