Thread: FFW RESULTS
View Single Post
Old 04-30-1999, 07:19 PM   #37
jtp
Registered Member

Well this has become quite interesting. From what I can tell George we've got several racers and fans who are not happy with tech proceedures or the professionalism with which they are carried out. The issue here is not whether someone should be allowed to run a 10 sec. legal car in the 9 sec. bracket. I have'nt seen anyone complain about that here yet. The issue is whether people are treated fairly and with respect when they are at the track. So far in this thread you've called us crybabies and complainers, told us we need to take up golf, and even suggested that we spend too much time on the computer. Hmmm, maybe these people are right! As for 10 sec. cars running in the 9's - You said "I do not have everyones minimums memorized" and "It's time for every participant to be accountable". If this is true(and I believe it is)then it's time for you to be accountable to the racers in the opposite lane and to NHRA for allowing it to go on. If someone runs too fast, pat him on the back, tell him he did a hell'uva job, and that you hope to see him at the next event with the right equipment but that he can't make another pass. There is no need to be critical of us. Many of us spend what to us is a large ammount of money just to be competitive at one local event per year. We are not asking for rules to bent. We ARE asking for equal treatment and respect. If FFW wants our money, they need to earn it - not expect it.