View Single Post
Old 06-07-2001, 10:20 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Post 1. Got beat 2. Question

This happened last week:

1. Coming home, me and this other guy in a black 00 GT just like mine are messing around in some light traffic. His car had the trademark Flowmaster sound, and I hoped that was all he had. Finally, I hit an opening in traffic, and took the jump, and he played catch up. We ended up at a light, with me first in the right lane, and him right behind me. The slow lane was occupied. The light changes and I ease out enough to get ahead of the White Pontiac something old next to me, and I get in front at about 30mph. As I wait for the other GT to pull alongside, he just punches it, gets the jump, and so I follow suit, but he steadily walked me up to 115. I'd say maybe 4 cars. My F*cking low coolant light came on, so I starting slowing down, and I was flashing my brights at him, so that he'd slow down too, and let me get next to him to ask what mods he had. It was obvious he had more than flows! Unfortunately, the guy never slowed down, and just kept going like a bat out of hell, and I had to granny it home, hoping my intake didnt just blow like it did in my 97 GT.
Well, when I got home, the light went off, and my coolant was not that low, so I dont know what the **** . My car is drinking coolant like crazy lately, what could the problem be? It's been like that ever since the Steeda pullies went in, could that be the problem? The temp never goes up, just the damn light comes on, and when I check the level, it's low, so I just add more. WTF?

BTW, there is no leak, for sure, cause there is never coolant under the car, and there is no odor while driving either.
------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates

[This message has been edited by StoplightWarrior (edited 06-07-2001).]
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote