Thread: What to expect?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2001, 07:35 PM   #1
66 Racer
Registered Member

Post What to expect?

Hey guys,

I was just qurious to what times i should expect at the quarter mile. I have never taken the car to the track YET, and havent raced anyone too close to compare, the closest race i had was with what i believe was a 73 mach1 w/351 auto 4speed. His was pretty stock, 4 barrel carb with dual exaust, not sure if he had headers. My mods are on my sig, my car is basically stock. When i raced the mach1 I won the 1st race by about a car, and in the 2nd he beat me by about a car, but i had a bad start.

Oh yeah, i also have a 3spd tranny, stock earend, i believe 2.80:1 from the factory, my tranny i dont remember the gears too much except for 3rd being 1:1 and 2nd around 2.73, or 2.63.

My rear tires are regular road tires, nothing good, they are 215's.

Another thing, my rear suspension is VERY lose, how much time would i lose if i get a stiffer setup?

Thanks guys, i plan on taking it to the track as soon as i can get the engine running better, dont want to screw something up, i think i already have a clicking lifter, let alone passing tech with minor stuff like a battery tray. Its hard finding extra money with my crapy job at the mall, especially since im paying all my own stuff, im 18 by the way.

Thanks

---Anthony

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote