View Single Post
Old 02-17-2001, 02:50 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Technically the Kenne Bell is not a "roots" blower. It's a twin screw positive displcement unit. The roots blowers use two intermeshing implellers for positive displacement of air. The BBK/Eaton roots style blower is the only true roots blower that I know of for sure, although I believe the Ford SVO supercharger is as well. I haven't heard anything about them in a while, but they were featured in my BBK catalogue I received when ordering my hiflow H with cats about 6 mo ago. They may have been discontinued due to poor sales.

The positive displacement blowers make big boost, even at 2000rpm. The Kenne Bell unit is actually at max boost at 1800rpm. They make for big hp, and big torque. They do take more power to run though. It's a bit of a tradeoff. More power to run, more flexibility in output.

The added benefit of the BBK blower and Kenne Bell, is that you do not have to tap into the oil supply, which makes them easier to install. The BBK was one of the very best quality blowers out there.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote