View Single Post
Old 01-27-2000, 12:26 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Talking

Why would it not be a daily driver just because you have 3.73s? In fact, I LOVE to drive daily BECAUSE of my gear ratio...(It's just plain fun!)
Unless you do a heck of a lot of stop and go city driving, you shouldn't see THAT much of a fuel usage increase....(you will see some though). I live in Dallas, and use mine as a daily driver on 635.... I have no problems with it.

After many conversations with different 4.6 S/C owners, I would consider the Vortech S-trim to be the staple of 4.6 superchargers right now. If you keep the boost reasonable, the Vortech w/aftercooler can be very reliable. (Although it WILL be more demanding on the engine than if you didn't have one)

From what I have heard of the Novi, it is also a great blower, but you might have to watch it a bit more than the Vortech, as some are quoting better numbers (and increased wear) on near stock 4.6s. If you want more info on the Novi, contact Aaron at Dallas Mustang.

Hope this helps...

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote