Thread: gt or cobra
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2001, 05:46 PM   #21
EXAM1999
Registered Member

For the price difference, I would definitely get the GT. If I take the dollar difference and mod a GT(which I did), I would kill a stock Cobra and still have a little money left over.

As far the Cobra having a stronger engine is totally false. The Crank is the only thing stronger. Both have crappy pistons, rods and give me an iron block over an aluminum one any day of the week. The only reason that the Cobra pulls hard up top is because of the flow of the heads, but that hurts the lowend torque and that's why it's not much faster with 60 more hp. For the $ difference, I can put on a set of ported FRPP heads, intake and run N/A with a Cobra all day. There are actually more mods for the GT than the cobra. TDC has turbo kits for the GT and not the cobra. I happen to have one going on my car right now at Jade Performance on Long Island. I say, get a GT, TDC Stage II turbo kit and run with the blown cars GT/Cobra without a problem. I also agree with people that I would never buy a used GT or Cobra, not even from a woman because some of them are worse.

------------------
99 Silver GT Auto
Vortech V2 S-trim(Intercooled)
+ Many other mods
Dyno 7/15/00 - 358 rwhp/386 rwtq
First Pass 10/15/00 - 12.75 @ 112 mph on ZRs

EXAM1999 is offline   Reply With Quote