View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 01:13 AM   #5
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I went to Shiner, Texas for the annual Shiner Picnic!! It was a great time. Brought back memories of growing up in a country type environment. It kind of reminded me of the picnic on the movie "Steel Magnolias". Good food, cold beer, great company, and lots of fun!! I also stopped off at the Spoetzl Brewery, where they brew our beloved Shiner Bock Beer!!! Too bad it wasnt open. On the way home, I stopped off in Columbus, TX where my family used to own 200+ acres. We still have oil wells out there and to see the land made me sad that I cant go and will never be able to take my kids there when I finally have them. That is something I always looked forward to. I did however get a picture of one of the signs that reads "East Hamel Field". Hamel is my last name and the oil well belongs to my dad. That is an awsome feeling, its something that can never be taken from me. My birthday was also Monday. I had a pretty eventful weekend. I had LoJack installed on Saturday in the 01 also. I tried to post a pic of me and the sign, but it tells me there was an error uploading the file.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote