View Single Post
Old 06-20-2001, 11:34 AM   #3
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

So serpentine is the way to go. Cool!
The thing that bothers me is that in order to run the serpentine system on an older block,( I have a '69...the 1st year they were made)I need to run a spacer on the dampner to achieve the proper alignment. And I don't know how to figure out which spacer I need with the Comp Cam timing chain. The other thing that pisses me off is that I already bought an Edelbrock reverse rotation water pump and it might not fit the FRPP timing cover (And the timing cover is already on the motor). In the FRPP catalogue the description of timing cover I bought (and FRPP only makes 1 kind) says it's a universal type application that fits only 1 style reverse rotation pump. So I call those guys and they can't even tell me if I can use the pump I have (part # Edel 8840). So now I have to pay $180.00 to get the FRPP water pump (that is called for in by FRPP) drop-shipped from Summit which is an extra 40 bucks for an Edelbrock pump that says FRPP...great! I guess these types of situations is what makes Ford guys REAL MEN! :-)
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote