View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002, 01:27 AM   #8
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Bros before hoes, and chicks before dicks, are the 2 stupidest mottos I've ever heard...
I realize you've found the man of your dreams and that it makes everything justfiable to you in the interest of love , but crapping all over your friends so that you can have a possible relationship (unlikely) with some girl is stupid. Most people like to have more than one person they spend time with in their life.

Here is what WILL happen if you decide to pursue this.

Friend and his girlfriend break up. You hook up with the girl and your friend does one of two things. He either says you're worth keeping as a friend and tries to control his feelings of betrayal and loss, or more than likely he tells all the rest of your buds about you screwing him over, cuts all ties with you (your friends will find out anyway), and none of them are going to want to hang with you when their girlfriends are around. If he does decide to keep you as a friend, and your relationship goes good for a while, you will lose your friend (and the respect of your other friends) in the long run as your girl and you become more and more uncomfortable in regards to hangin out with them.

Actually, the girl will far more than likely decide you're not what she wants because of loads of complications and not feeling comfortable with the whole deal.

So... You can toss the friendship in the garbage to try and go it alone with this girl (she may be insulted if you make a move on her right after the breakup as well) or you can cool it.

IMHO, it's not worth losing possible life long friendships. Then again, if you think the girl is, then go for it. I doubt waiting a few months will be plausable. If she's a catch like you say, she won't be around that long so you can't wait months. In case you're wondering, the exact scenerio you are describing took place between two of my best friends. Totally destroyed a 15 year friendship, and screwed my friendship up with both of them.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote