View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
mark sweetser
96GREENGT

Default Re: Questions about tires...

I've got 275/40-17's on all 4 corners... the front passenger side tire rubs slightly on the sway bar at full lock. The car tends to wander in ruts in the road, and their worse in the rain (wider tires decrease the overall weight over any given square inch of the contact patch, which hurts wet traction, but aids in dry traction). My car seems more "sure of itself" when cornering. From behind the car looks tough, especially w/ my Eibach 1.5" lowering springs installed. Heard the biggest that will fit out back is 315's (mm wide), which would look sick, but I like to have the option of rotating tires from front to rear (directional tires) w/ no problems...so I'll stick to the 275's. The speedo difference isn't even noticeable. Dark Knight is right concerning tire sizing. Try to convince hubby that the dry traction and tough stance far outways the crappy wet traction. Hope to help!
-'96 GTS Deep Forest Green Metallic- 8#Powerdyne,Bassani Cat-X,2 chamber Flows, FMS alum. DS,Kenne Brown subframes,Pro 5.0 short throw,FRPP 3.73's,Accufab Plenum/75mm TB,11# blower pulley,Bassani mid headers,Eibach 1.5" springs,17" Cobra R's w/ 275/40zr-17 g-force kd's,Centerforce Dual Friction
-'87 Black LX 5.0
BBK shorties&Cat-X,2 chamber Flows,MSD ign,stock 3.08's,MGW short-throw,BBK cold-air,King Cobra clutch,235/55-17(F)&255/50-17(R) Kumho Ecsta's on 95 Cobra R 4-lugs
mark sweetser is offline   Reply With Quote