View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 05:17 AM   #1
20LbsBoost

Default Clones or Replicas

A seperate thread inspired me to start this since one of my cars is erroneously considered one.

What is the purpose of making your car appear to be what it isn't, such as a "clone" or "replica" of a rare and desireable car?

We see this primarily with the RICE crowd. In my opinion, be proud of what you have. Don't fake your ride to be something it isn't, it's insulting to those who worked hard to pay for the real thing (please don't take offense to this for those who may have a fake). In fact, it bugs me to see faked GNX's run around, and I see quite a few. What's the point? If you want a GNX that badly then work for the money to join the exclusive group that own genuine examples. What makes the real cars so desireable is the rarity. In fact, as I type this a couple more examples of what I'm talking about are the Shelby GT-350's and 500's and Shelby Cobras. I'd get ticked if I paid dearly for the real deal and see very good replicas at car shows I attended. It takes away from the mystique of the genuine articles.

Fortunately for me, a fake of what I own is tough to make.

Ok, enough ranting.....whaddya think?