View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Re: Tires with 410 Rear End And A Programmer

Like explicitone said, drag radials are the way to go if you are trying to launch it. Mickey Thompson ET Street radials offer the most grip of tires that I've tried, but mine are down to the wear mark after less than 1k miles and a couple trips to the track (00 treadwear rating!!).
If you're more into handling you can run DOT R-compound roadrace type tires too but they wear out almost as fast as drag radials as they generally have a 60 or 100 treadwear rating.
If you drive the car a lot, neither of these options is very economical because you'll be replacing the tires a lot. Unfortunately, all the street tires I've tried seem to have great grip when brand new but quickly lose traction once they get more than 5-10k miles on them. This includes $300+ each street tires.
All that being said, when I had the 2V motor in the car, I could launch it pretty good by slipping the clutch a little off the line until it got rolling and then easing into it to load up the rear. If yours spins in 1st even after you get a clean start then you will either need sticky tires or you'll need to start working on the suspension to improve the launch.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote