MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-17-2000, 10:01 AM   #1
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Thumbs up message board

There have probably been countless messages like this, but I'm gonna give my 2 cents anyways. I just wanted to say how this site kicks @*#. I've only been using it for a few months but in those few months, I've saved a lot of time and money by getting advice from a bunch of people on this site that know what they're talking about. Everyone is out to do the same thing, learn something or help someone learn something. So thanks guys, appreciate it! (I think I may cry now, I get so emotional! Ok that's B.S.)

------------------
1997 Cobra, C+L 80mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, 3.73's
cobrayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 12:58 PM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Cool

I agree with you 100% which is why I'm not afraid to ask dumb questions anymore (even though I'm pretty sure people are laughing at me ). People are very knowledgeable and helpful here. It is always appreciated. Hey, you gotta learn somehow.

Stefan

------------------
66 Standard coupe
200 inline 6 - Pertronix ignition, Flamethrower Coil, K&N, Clifford Perf. 6 into 2 headers, Holley carb, three row radiator

96 GT Convertible
Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, B&M Ripper
K&N, removed air silencer, Tokico non-adjustable struts/ shocks (more to come)
Next up: 3:73's and side exhaust
www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?258
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 05:15 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Cool

Thanks for the kind words Cobrayankee and Stefan.

No question is a dumb question Stefan, because you're right, everyone has to learn somehow. It wasn't long ago that I myself was a mustang novice. A little time and a lot of available info will do wonders....

I will always try to help those with questions. If I know the answer (or an informed opinion), you can bet I'll chime in. 97Snakedriver and others have also helped a lot of folks in this forum.

I truly believe that this is the BEST mustang site on the web, from the informative and "flame resistant" message boards to the user's rides....
It's All Good...

------------------
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
"Traction Impaired" or "Nitto Needy"

Pilot Proverb:
If all you can see out of the window is ground that's going round and round and all you can hear is commotion coming from the passenger compartment, things are not at all as they should be.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 09:02 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask, When I first came here I was mustang illiterate and now I know a bit about them but always learn more every time I read the postings here and i also try to pass along anything i can to someone new here.

I go to a few other boards and none of them are as help oriented as mustangwork is, no matter what the question is or how many times it might have been asked someone will always answer it (again) or point out where to get help with it.

We all owe Dan and the moderators here alot for doing a great job and lets all hope that mustangworks keeps on being the best mustang site on the internet!!

lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2000, 09:39 PM   #5
Ripper
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I've learned alot from this board. It's also saved me from wasting some of my hard earned $$$. I don't post much but I take everything in.

------------------
1999 GT - Laser Red
K&N, Steeda pulleys, & Steeda strut tower brace
(Upcoming mods: subframes, Bassani X, & FMS 3.73s
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2000, 01:04 AM   #6
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Thanks Hammer.

I have what, 700 and some posts? The first 350 (at least) were "dumb questions". And a lot of the next 350 where also "dumb questions".

I really don't mind answering common questions, like gears questions for example. Just because at some point some one was nice enough to answer them for me. There are two ways to learn things: Try everything, and see what works best, which can be kind of expensive and frustrating. Or ask other people what worked for them.

There are some larger Modular Mustang forums around, but bigger isn't always better. There's tends to be a lot of "noise" on larger forums.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 05:18 AM   #7
imouer

Talking

My friend told me that "there are no dumb questions, just dumb people" LOL I got a kick out of that line
Old 08-22-2000, 11:35 AM   #8
King Snake
Registered Member

Learning from other people's experiences is a good thing. Hearing first hand from the people who have actually "been there and done that" means a lot to those of us who haven't. I have not been posting very long but I have learned a lot.

------------------
'97 Cobra, K&N, Rio Red
King Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 02:34 PM   #9
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey Kingsnake. I agree. It looks as though you are in the same boat as me. I agree 110%. I also have a 97 Cobra and am used to working on my 351 in my Lightning so all advice is good advice especially right from the horse's mouth. Are you planning any mods or upgrades. I've done a few but I'll go right along with ya as you go. Got a little extra $$$ but I don't know where to put it!

------------------
1997 Cobra, C+L 80mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, 3.73's
Old 08-22-2000, 03:14 PM   #10
97snakedriver
Registered Member

How about a X-Pipe?
Old 08-22-2000, 09:44 PM   #11
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Question

X pipe with or without cats?

------------------
Old 08-23-2000, 01:16 AM   #12
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Funny you should ask. I just finished doing some research on this.

If you need to, or want to, stay tree friendly, then the Bassani X-Pipe with cats seems to be the best option. (my option)

If you can get away with an off-road pipe then the Mac or BBK, H-pipe seems to be the best choice as far as overall torque and hp. If you go off-road, (no cats) don't forget to get the eliminators.

Either option is a good for quite a few HP(deffently worth the $$$), with a fairly easy install. Basically it comes down to the trees, and/or how hard it is to pass inspection in your area.
Old 08-23-2000, 11:10 AM   #13
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Wink

Thanks man. Yeah, I think I will definitely go with the off road. I mean, I live in FL. It's very easy here. All you need is 4 wheels and a chassis. Nobody cares here. And what do you mean eliminators?

------------------
Old 08-23-2000, 11:38 AM   #14
King Snake
Registered Member

Speaking of H-pipes, I have a BBK off road H-pipe in my garage that I pulled off my Cobra. I had the dealer agree to install the factory h-pipe before I bought the car because the Check Engine light was on. That is where the eliminators come in, right? From what I understand, they simulate a "good" O2 signal to the EEC so not to set the check engine light. Heck, I may get some eliminators and stick that pipe back on!!!
As far as other mods, I am having my new 3.73's installed this weekend!

------------------
'97 Cobra, K&N, Rio Red
King Snake is offline   Reply With Quote