MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Very Very Sad Moment....

Well I'm extreamly sad to say that I just sold my Mach 1. My cousin just bought it, it'll sit in my garage tell Sunday and then I've seen the last of it. I'm going to miss this car so much it's not even funny. I have the same feeling I have over me, that I felt when I broke up with my g/f after a year. That angry at yourself, yet so heartbroken feeling. I had so much fun with that car, and I only got to enjoy it for so little. Everyone knew me for that car, and I felt that car was the only thing that actually understood me, it was the only thing I could look at and feel better about, the only thing I could get in and start and just go for a ride and forget about everything I left behind. I guess the only upside is I sold it to my cousin, he has a '66 Coupe with a straight 6 in it. I get first dibs to buy the car if he ever wants to sell it. I'm really going to have a hard time parting with the car. But I won't let this be the last of my muscle cars, I got the pace car still, I hope to have it on the road by this weekend, fix her up and back back for sale and then I'll hit up another auction to buy another car. Well I think I'm going to go lay down or something I feel like **** right now.....

Sorry this was more of a vent....
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
this is not cbring
Registered Member

why'd you have to sell?
Old 10-28-2002, 11:00 PM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

So let be get this straight.....you sold a 1969 Mach 1 with ultra rare hood tach, only to be left with a 140hp 1979 Mustang......which you also plan on selling

*Josh ***** slaps Sam*

WTF are you thinking?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:06 PM   #4
jj_jonathon
Trisket

so you buying a geo?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:07 PM   #5
1969Mach1

Josh man kick me in the nuts and then hunt my parents down for me please...
I actually didn't sell it, it was more my father selling the car and my mom bitching at him to sell it. He's tried talking to me but I refuse to talk to him. I think I got fucked over, but on the + hand the pace car is really rare aswell, if not even more rare. + that car is all mine and I have an extra few grand in my pocket. Which I'm going to sell that one make some money and put it all together and buy another older stang or something I love. I'm pretty pissed off at my dad, he's tried to talk to me twice, he asked me if I was mad and I said 'No' and he's like you want to talk to me and I said that I don't want too. I miss my car so much, all I can do is look at the pictures and think of all the memories already developed.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 10-28-2002, 11:29 PM   #6
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation WTF are you thinking?

help me understand. you own the Mach. you buy the 79. your father tells you have to get rid of one or the other, you you get rid of the MACH!!!!!? WHAT GIVES? i say you tell your cousin that you have this sweet 79 pace car for sale. IT IS NOT TOO LATE!!! well i dont agree with your parents but i guess it is their house so it is by their rules.

gives us more details. it just doesnt add up!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

you sold my mach!!!!!!------ ---- marty, pack's 12 gauge, 400 shells, gas money, map, heads for canada for teenage hunting season.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:41 PM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy DAMN.....I dont get it!!!!!!!!1

GOD SAM........... why did you have to sell it??? was it a matter of keeping one or the other????????????????????? Are you not planning on keeping the Pace????????? If you were gonna keep it and make it BADAS$, I'd say....COOOOOOOL! But if your gonna sell it.....Unless you have another Classic Stang In mind that you'd rather have more than the one that you sold....IMO..... I'd get it back...Parents can be a PITA.....trust me...thats why they have to CALL ME if they wanna talk....
Do what your heart tells you to do....How long have you been thinking of this, and is it on a whim? I hate to see you regretting this decision for the rest of your life....If your gonna keep the Pace, that is WAY COOL...if your gonna part w/ it...What car do you see in your future that you'd rather have than your MACH??
Not trying to make you feel bad by any means...I just hate to see you make a decision you'll hate yourself for 20 years down the line...I've seen it OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Take some time to analyze what you want and where you hope to be in 10 /20 years w/ your rides.....I hope the best for you. And I hope that you end up doing what will make YOU happy!!!!!!! Hang in there.....I can only imagine how you feel...you've lost a soulmate. That must be AWFUL! My best wishes for you and your rides!!!!!!!!!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:42 PM   #9
1969Mach1

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
you sold my mach!!!!!!------ ---- marty, pack's 12 gauge, 400 shells, gas money, map, heads for canada for teenage hunting season.
I am in the worst mood right now but that made me laugh.

Ok here is abit more of the story....

Some guy wanted to buy my Mach 1, my dad said ok it's for sale, cause my mom wanted me to sell it cause I need a car I can drive everyday, and the Mach doesn't provide that option in cold, rain, or snow. So I had to sell it, we seen the pace car go up, so I decided to buy it being a rare car and a very good deal. So I bought that. So I have that car that I can atleast drive all year round. I know there isn't much of a difference, also being 18 the insurance company loves me cause I pay a million dollars for insurance. So now I got no Mach 1, but I have a car I can drive daily which is my parents wish. + I owed my parents apx. $6000 (Canadian) for the Mach 1 still. But now I have an extra 3-4k dollars in my bank left over, + a like new '79 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car. So in the long run it works out money wise. I will have made a few grand once I sell both, so I can easily go out and purchase another one. But still it hurts to much. I'll own this car again, aslong as it stays in the family it won't go far. And he already gave us a cheque for $5000. Money isn't a issue with my cousin, he makes a hell of a lotta money a year, he owns a Alfa Romeo, '90 Thunderbird, '65 Stang Coupe, some chevy truck, brand new BMW 323CI, brand new condo downtown Toronto worth probably close to $500,000. He goes on Vacation like every month to Europe or the Carribian. He says he pays like $10,000+ a year for insurance. This guy has to much money, and he's only like 25. Either way, I will own this car again. But still feel freely to come up here and beat the crap out of me.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 10-28-2002, 11:45 PM   #10
Janeofalltrades

Default Reality Check

Hey Mach.

I can understand why you are mad at your dad and empathize with your need to vent. But trust me on this one man, you do not want to hold a grudge on him. My dad dropped dead 48 days after being diagnosed with kidney cancer. He was a real PR*@# in his day, but NOTIN’ is worth that friend.

Give dad an opportunity to explain his side. You should respect his right to do so. You seem to be a very nice, well adjusted young man from most the threads I’ve read, so IMO someone has been raising you right. You may not agree with his decision, but you should at least listen to his side. So get some rest and know that in the end IT WAS JUST A CAR and No, "He who has the most toys at the end" does not win. He has lost a lot of money, and energy collecting a bunch of crap that now others are going to enjoy. So rest easy Friend and just give it some thought.

Losing a car is nothing like losing a parent. ~Jane~
Old 10-29-2002, 12:26 AM   #11
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
brand new condo downtown Toronto worth probably close to $500,000. He goes on Vacation like every month to Europe or the Carribian. He says he pays like $10,000+ a year for insurance. This guy has to much money, and he's only like 25.
you think thats a lot of money? ill scan you a $100 bill from the united states...now thats wayyy more than that $500,000 canadian youre talking about...i mean, c'mon....no one in their right mind would pay that much for anything in canada...pfft.. ...

glad youre financially secure now...i hope that the mach doesnt get legs and start to wander out of sight...keep tabs on it so when you can, buy it right back ...think positive i guess....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:39 AM   #12
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Margin calls suck
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:48 AM   #13
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Ok i'm still confused, i know squat about driving in bad weather ... why can you drive the pace car all year but not the mach ??? and what about your parents financial situation ? perhaps they need that 6 grand you owe them for the car ??
Either way, there are lots and lots of cool cars out there, you'll find one you love just as much as the mach
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:58 AM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sam i am at the ky line now, what was your addy? lol. really sorry to hear this man, god, i love 69 stang's that's all. take care.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:41 AM   #15
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

That's hard, dude. I know I'd really be pissed. But hey, like Jane said, try not to hold a grudge too long, in the long run it will definately not be worth it.

I understand what you mean about it seeming like only your car really understood you. I kinda feel that way about my car and my dog (who died last year ) This is hard to believe. I got so used to seeing your car here at MW. Sorry man.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:52 AM   #16
1969Mach1

Well I'm awake now and I still can't stop thinking about it.
I can't drive the Mach for several reasons, 1 being RWD and the power it has, once I would hit snow or ice I would spin the car in circles all day long, or wouldn't go anywhere. I had a hard enough time driving the car in the rain as it was. 2nd it's not a car to be driven in the winter. To many people would probably hunt me down. + it's really expensive on gas so I need a car for school which is 45 minutes each way. It would cost me close to $200 a week in gas. My parents financial situation is okay. But if I kept both cars that would mean I would owe my parents $11,000 for both the cars and my dad doesn't have $11,00 for me to just borrow really, cause he is also paying for my school. So I'm not fighting about the financial part of this or anything. More the less hate him cause the way he never confronted me about selling the car. It was more the less he sold it then asked me how I felt about it. What am I to say when the guy is standing right there and already wrote us a cheque? But I will own another Muscle Car. And I hope to have it for next summer... maybe I'll have to go to the dark side.... cause I wouldn't mind having a '69 GTO Judge. But I wouldn't mind another '69 Mach 1, or a '68 Fastback. We'll have to see how the dice roll, and only time can tell what is going to happen.

The only advantage of having the pace car is it's all mine, I don't have to ask my parents if I can take a vehicle, I don't have to have it own a certain time, I can keep all my **** in it without being bitched at. So I like that option cause my father is the type that likes making all the choices. His point of view is he's trying to make money and I do get that aswell. Cause my dad used to always buy and sell cars privetly as a side hobby and I know he made lots of money doing it and he's telling me to do the same thing. He would buy cars, fix them up alittle, and sell them. Well I guess off to a better day. If my cousin ever wants to sell the car, we get the first chance to buy it and I will buy it back. I know he'll sell it in a few years, he'll get bored of it and buy something else.

Thanks for the comfort everyone,
§am.

Ohh... and Marty... Just look for the Yellow Mach 1 leaving the garage. If you're here for Sunday you can see me delevering it.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 10-29-2002, 03:45 PM   #17
87t_top
Registered Member

How can you drive any mustang in the snow?
87t_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:51 PM   #18
1969Mach1

I really don't know but I'll have to figure out this one pretty quick. Although I'll probably drive my moms van to school as many times as I can. But it's going to be fun with rwd in the winter. =) Maybe I'll try some Rally Racing. lol j/k. I had my share of rallying racing last winter and it got me into an accident. I'm done with that.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 10-29-2002, 05:41 PM   #19
429mustang
Registered Member

Here's the plan. Tell your dad you want to talk to him, bring him into another room, then sucker punch him in the stomach. Tell him to keep the change, then tell your cousin your keeping your car AND the money. If he gives you any ****, tell him you want to talk to him too, GET IT!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just kidding.

Sorry to hear about your car. Don't worry, when I was in middle school, I had a honda trx 70 4wheeler. I had it for a year or two until my parents were late on their bills, so they old MY quad. They promised me a dirtbike eventually, but instead I got an 85 Astrovan when I turned 16. I just swapped a 355 in it over the summer w/ported/polished heads, rpm intake/cam/600 carb, headers w/dual 2 chambers/turndowns. The trans may have burned out the 2nd day after I got it running, but for 2 days it was way faster than my 70cc 4wheeler, I'm not gonna lie. The point is, maybe you'll get an astrovan and it'll be quicker for a few days or even weeks than your Mach 1. You see where I'm coming from???????????? Maybe I'll sell my 86 GT, then get another Astrovan and in a few years make it faster than my current astrovan?????????????????????????????????????????? ????
MAYBE the trans won't burnout at all, than I could see what kind of time it'll run with all the goddamn money I put into it.

Here's the deal, BUY AN ASTROVAN !!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:47 PM   #20
1969Mach1

429mustang

You had a great idea the first part, but you completly lost me on the point in the second part. lol Although that Astrovan sounded sweeeeetass. I already drive a van, but it's stock like most vans. lol And I hate it. Now I lost a 300hp+ car for a 140hp car with lights on the roof, and it came out of one worst era's of cars. Ohh... well, I plan on eventually buying this car back from my cousin in a few years. But I'm going to miss it until then. I was about to sucker punch my dad in the head today but I just walked away swearing instead. He must have a rock on his shoulders cause he doesn't see where I am coming from, and he still looks at it as him doing me a favour.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made