MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
RPM427
Registered Member

Exclamation MY CAR WAS STOLEN! please read!!

hey all, today around 6pm, my car was stolen out of garden City Long Island. I am asking anyone in the NY/ Long island area, to keep an eye out for it. I know the chances are small, but maybe someone will spot it. Please send me an email or give me a call (631 334 5020) if you see it on the road. I have put countless hours into this car, not to mention thousands of dollars. The worst part is, my insurance will onloy give me about $1500 if the car is not recovered. The wheels and tires alone are worth more then that, so getting it back would be great. Thanks for reading this, and hopefully I will get it back, in one piece I hope...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side.jpg (97.6 KB, 80 views)

-1994 Ranger w/ 427cid windsor (daily beater)
check it out!
RPM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:19 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Man, sorry to hear that I hope that you find it and the @sshole(s) that stole it.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
CADreamin
Registered Member

I'm really sorry for you because I feel your pain. Back in 2000-01, I had two cars stolen within a year of each other. Dealing with the insurance company on a modified or better-than-average stock vehicle is the owrst part of it too.

Best of luck in finding it. The cops eventually found my 91 LX vert but by the time they did, there was almost nothing left of it.

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Good luck finding it! I hope it's recovered!
Old 07-15-2003, 04:18 PM   #5
96_4.6
Registered Member

Damn thats a sweet car, did you have an alarm? Was the doors locked?

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #6
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

That is a damn shame. I hope they catch the bastards and recover the car.

At the moment I only have no-fault (can't afford anything else) and I would be SOL if my car got ripped off.

I've made it so they would have to have a tow truck to do it though.

That Sucks though. Good Luck!
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #7
ac97gt
Registered Member

im really sorry to hear about your loss i hope they find the guys and you get to beat some @ss, i know that would make me feel alot better.

Quote:
I've made it so they would have to have a tow truck to do it though.
which measures have you taken to achieve this? maybe it could help all of us. other than locking my doors and not leaving the car in the ghetto i have nothing.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:01 PM   #8
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by ac97gt

which measures have you taken to achieve this? maybe it could help all of us. other than locking my doors and not leaving the car in the ghetto i have nothing.
Well, they would have to bring a torch to cut through the brake pedal. If I am in a real bad area, (hardly ever) I will pull the wire that goes to the coil and take it with me.

Plus, I have a club, but that would just be to slow them down until they got to the AutoLock.

Of course any car can be stolen, but that is a lot of trouble to go through for a 91 GT with bad paint (some rust around the fenders) and 127,000 on the clock.

BUT, I do put the Autolock on everywhere, because I know the one day I don't use it is the one time I will end up regreting it. It's kind of a pain sometimes, but better than the alternative.

Old 07-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #9
RPM427
Registered Member

It was locked up, and it has a Viper Alarm system and a kill switch on it. It was in a crowded parking lot and no one has reported anything. I just sold my old mustang, so I could buy some new parts for my 91, so right now, I am SOL.

It turns out my car was used in a crime in the city the night it was stolen, so now the NYPD is looking for these assholes too.

The best part is, my insurance compay lied to me when I got my policy, they told me theft was covered under the package I had, but now they are telling me thats not true, so I am not going to get anything from the insurance company. The cops better find these people before I do....

check it out!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:32 PM   #10
ac97gt
Registered Member

insurance companies piss me off so much. you pay for your car thrice and when you finally want a third of that money back its like pulling teeth. what BS, im so sorry to hear about all this. sounds like you have a better chance of finding it though, since it was used in a crime and now more people are looking for it. maybe it was just a getaway vehicle and they will ditch it

MTU 50 - what is Autolock?

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:39 PM   #11
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by ac97gt

MTU 50 - what is Autolock?

It is a device that locks onto either your brake or clutch pedal and won't allow either to be depressed. For a car with an automatic trans, you have to depress the brake to disengage park on the transaxle. For a car with a manual, you have to depress the clutch to start it and shift. Plus if it is locked onto your break pedal and somehow the thief gets the car in drive, he or she isn't going to be able to stop very well.

They are usually around $60, but I got mine for $17 because the K-mart near where I went to college was going out of business. Plus, it was located in a town with little or no car theft, so I kept waiting for the discount to go up 10% every week until the store closed.

After repeated use, it does scratch the brake pedal, but that is a small price to pay to keep your car safe and no one looks down there anyway.

Here is the website: www.autolock.com

Old 07-17-2003, 07:08 AM   #12
RPM427
Registered Member

Yea, Thats what I hope for. Chances are, if they did ditch it, it would prob be in the city, and the "locals" would prob strip it, or steal it again before the cops found it.

check it out!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:36 AM   #13
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

on my falcon i have the grant vehicle security system. i can remove the steering wheel and lock it in the trunk. that wyay they need to be charles atlas to drive the car with anything resembling skill, try tuning the manual steering car with just the hub of the steering wheel and you will see what i am talking about. its either that or use a tow truck as the top of the column get a cap locked on it. soryry about the loss, hope you get it back. also if your policy has comprehensive coverage then the car is covered for theft.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 08:58 AM   #14
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by RPM427
Yea, Thats what I hope for. Chances are, if they did ditch it, it would prob be in the city, and the "locals" would prob strip it, or steal it again before the cops found it.

Yeah, that does suck. If I wasn't a poor, indebted, unemployed, college graduate, I'd send you some money to cover some of the loss.

My Mustang didn't have half of the parts yours did and I would be even more pisssed off and depressed if mine got stolen. These thieves don't realize what they are stealing. This isn't somebody's Camry or Taurus where through insurance you can go out and get a new one just like it. And the only thing that happens is a higher insurance premium. They have't made our cars in 10 years and the ones in good or great condition command a premium. Plus the go-fast parts that were on it. I'm getting pissed off just typing this.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #15
RPM427
Registered Member

Yea, thats how I feel too. It wasn't just the parts on the car either. It took me a year to find it, it was 100% stock, and in MINT condition. It was just like it was in the showroom, it even had that new car smell. I did all the work to it, so I know it was done right. Its not even the money, but its all the hours I put into that car to get everything exactly right that makes me feel like killing someone. Now theres one less "clean" fox body around. I was the 2nd owner, it was never in any type of fender bender, or anything.

check it out!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #16
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by RPM427
Yea, thats how I feel too. It wasn't just the parts on the car either. It took me a year to find it, it was 100% stock, and in MINT condition. It was just like it was in the showroom, it even had that new car smell. I did all the work to it, so I know it was done right. Its not even the money, but its all the hours I put into that car to get everything exactly right that makes me feel like killing someone. Now theres one less "clean" fox body around. I was the 2nd owner, it was never in any type of fender bender, or anything.
Yeah, its damn near impossible to find a clean, nice, stock 87-93 foxbody for under 9 or 10 grand. There are plenty of 5k Stangs, but those are usually not in great condition and have had the crap beat out of them. I guess you have to be the lucky person that finds an old lady selling her stock Mustang GT for a decent price. And that situation doesn't happen too often.