MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-29-2002, 09:33 AM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default WTF is the deal?

Why is it no-one replies to anything in this forum. Look at the # of views compared to the # of replies. For instance look at the Dyno #'s for the snake post. This guy puts out some good RWHP #'s and is pumped about it and none of you can even take out the time to congratulate the guy. Although 49 people other than myself viewed his post.

I would think this forum would have much more traffic than it does. With all the 96-03 stang owners we have on this board.

This forum averages 4 replies per post WTF!
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

OK OK, I'll post to make you feel better

I'm not sure why exactly there are a lot less people posting on this board.

I would guess that it is because many of the the guys with the 4.6 are still "learning". Hard to say, you'd think that since 1996 there would be a bunch of people who have torn into these cars.

I guess if you compare to the 5.0 the 4.6 has to be out a bunch more years before the same level of expertise starts to show (or even longer as the 4.6 is a more complex engine, IMO).

Maybe it has something to do with time or age. I wonder what the average age of a 4.6 GT owner is?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:12 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You make good points. I am 26.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #4
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I didn't respond to the specific post you mentioned, because my car is stock, has been, and will be as long as I own it. I am not a "Mod" person. I have no interest in his or anybody's RWH or Dyno readings. I'm sure the owner is happy as a tick on a dog and proud, but why should I clog the board with some nonsensical post?

I read a lot of posts and don't answer because I can not be of help in the particular situation, and don't post some "guess" answer just to post. There are enough misleading answers as it is.

When a post comes up where I "Do" know the answer, or can be of positive assistance, you will hear from me.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 05:47 PM   #5
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

i`m 25 and i reply when i have information i`m not one of those people who always have to give my 2 cents worth why waste space but you are right this is a realy slow forum
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 06:03 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

Couldn't tell ya Dark. I just started coming over here myself, when I picked up the GT. I think people are scared of Hammer. I hear he rules with an iron fist.

Not being 100% sure of an answer has never stopped me. Heck, I broke 400 posts here before I got a car, and without 'post ho-ing' for the most part. I think you do bring up a good point though, and I hope it changes.

It seems that most of the sections, other than the lounge and street racers fall into this as well. Something to ponder.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I'll just post a quick take on this:

I would rather it be slow and the facts accurate, than have 37 responses by idiots who have no clue what they're talking about....

Don't think it happens?
Go to some other modular forums on the net, and I think you'll be happy to hang out in the "slow" modular forum...

Quote:
I think people are scared of Hammer. I hear he rules with an iron fist.
I've been married 11 years, and I STILL can't convince my wife of the "iron fist" doctrine...

Seriously, as long as the rules are followed, and folks at least TRY to play nice, I usually don't start dropping laser-guided "delete post" bombs...

Last edited by Hammer; 07-29-2002 at 06:13 PM..
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 04:05 PM   #8
Traumatique
Registered Member

Quote:
I would rather it be slow and the facts accurate, than have 37 responses by idiots who have no clue what they're talking about....
Welcome to DSMtalk.com!

Lol, I agree. I've only been here 2 days and I've seen more helpful and informative posts here then I see on DSMtalk in months. 90% of anything posted there turns into a flame war, and that's not exaggerating.

It's not the quantity, but the quality of posts that matters. I enjoy reading forums here more then I do on a good handful of the other forums I visit.
Traumatique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:53 PM   #9
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I always try to throw my .02 in. Check the post count!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:23 PM   #10
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I reply when my opinion or knowledge is needed.
Alot of the same questions are asked over, over, and over again. I remember when I was a newbie to the whole car thing, so I would rather let othe rpeople answer it then get mad and ask if they have ever seen the search button and what not.
I try not to waste space with the "that-a-boy" comments either, although maybe I should give credit where its do. The people making the big power are the one's buying the parts, and breaking the stock pieces to find the mod motor's true potential.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:15 AM   #11
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
You make good points. I am 26.
I am also 26. Some one else said they were 25. And Hammers and old guy too ( ).

To me that says that the members here are more mature and are not going to post "junk" or "garabage" on this technical forum. It will just take time for a few experts to emerge.

I whole heartedly agree that quality is much more important than quantity.

And even though the 4.6 and 5.0 are different engines, it's all still mustangs and some of it is automotive basics, so I try to come here because I never know if I can help (not that I know very much ). Maybe we have to convince guys like PKRWUD to drop by every now and again?

I'm sure it will get better, especially with Dictator for life, Hammer, "The Iron fisted Terror" at the reigns

Old 07-31-2002, 01:54 PM   #12
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

117 views, 10 replys lol

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:19 PM   #13
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
117 views, 10 replys lol
If you look at some of the posts in other forums you can get that kind of response.

I check every time some one posts a new message and I'm sure it adds to the "views" number, even though I don't post. (Dan or Hammer might shed some light on this)

Old 07-31-2002, 09:30 PM   #14
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

I can think of a couple of reasons. For one people don't reply if they don't know. Another is some people that do know have answered that same question so many times that it becomes a waste of time to post about it for the 1000 time. Finally interest...there is nothing all that interesting ever going on in this forum. I don't mean flame wars but it seems there are very few real tech questions or new ideas or anything to keep the interest of those that have heard most of it all before.

If I see another what gear? What filter? Is spirlmax/tornado good? What muffler sounds best thread I'm going to puke...

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:16 PM   #15
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Now, now, 92.
You have to remember that as modular enthusiasts, we're getting 95% of all Mustang newbies....

There will always be the "Which gears should I get?" post.

Believe it or not, the tech FAQ (which you helped a lot with by the way) is being accessed A LOT more than I thought it would.

This is a good thing....

Think of it this way. The more times we see a "Which muffler is best?" question, the more new Mustang enthisiasts there are...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:24 AM   #16
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

I agree about the newbies and all. I was just replying to the original question of why nobody replies to all the topics. What I've learned on these forums over the years is that the knowledgeable people will learn and pass it on to the newbies for a while. The newbies take that information apply it and then out of that a handful become the knowledgeable people to pass it on to the next wave of newbies.

Others such as myself can only type out a 1000 word reply on gears so many times before it becomes tedious. That is why I personally don't reply to every post. I love the help out people just as much as the next guy, heck that is why I put up my own web site to share more info because I can't tell you how many emails, PM's and such I get saying "How are you running 12's with the same power as me when I'm in the 14 or 13's?". I'm glad people are reading the FAQ but they some should still use the search function more they would be amazed what they could learn.

I'm just getting into modifiying my jet ski and thus far I've been able to use the search function on the boards to answer about 100 different questions I've had. In the end I had one post to ask one question that I couldn't find.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:46 AM   #17
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You have to remember that as modular enthusiasts, we're getting 95% of all Mustang newbies.....
I think you hit her dead on Hammer. The 99+ GT's more popular than ever, not to mention that if you buy a new stang it will be a 99+ body style GT

I wonder if Dan ot Mr 5.0 can shed some light about what it was like when Windsor started up?