MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2002, 01:32 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Question Is this a good Start for a short story?

I'm back to writting stories again. While I have a huge one that I'm working on, I do take breaks from it and write short ones.

Its taken me a while to figure out how to begin this new short story. Its going to be about a Close encounter with a UFO (I know, didnt we all just talk about this not to long ago), and two southern, kind of redneckish boys.

Let me know what you all think. I still have alot more to go but I just wanted to know what you all thought of the first little bit I got down. Here you all go.

With keys dangling from his mouth, Frank hurriedly grabbed a six pack from the cooler and headed out the door. Humid southern air greeted him as he closed the screen door behind him.
Tossing the six back in the back along with his stained cap Frank slid onto the aged vinyl seats and put the keys in the ignition. With a twist of the key, and spin of the starter, current flowed through the corroded ignition points. The 389 came alive, breathing through 2 of the 6 venturi’s.
Patting the dash with satisfaction he whispered under his breath” That’s right honey. Me and you are going to have some good times.”
Sliding the Hurst shifter into first and easing the clutch and gas he pulled out of his driveway. No more work today, no girlfriend tonight; no plans, no worries, the shackles and weights had been removed. Freedom, Friday evening was an open book with blank pages waiting to be filled.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote