MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2002, 11:54 PM   #1
slow98
Registered Member

Exclamation i got smoked by a jeep grand cherokee

believe it or not i was at the local 8th mile track last night"elk creek" i usually run very high 8s to low 9s depending on the track, well i lined up beside a new jeep grand cherokee, the lights on the tree dropped and we were off. by the end of the track he had me by about a car length,i picked up my time slip and it said 9.17 i looked at his time and it said 8.67.. i will admit my jaw dropped,next time around i got behing him in the staging lanes and i saw a sticker that said got boost but i have no idea what it had done to it.I mean this is a very heavy suv..anybody have any ideas what could have been goin on under the hood?i meen this thing was running better times than the ls1 cameros....tell me what ya think!

peace
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
slow98 is offline   Reply With Quote