MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2002, 01:26 PM   #1
GITY UUP
Registered Member

Default Need estimates or advice

Unfortunately I was in an accident yesterday in my 2000 GT. I'm fine and wasn't hurt, however, the person that hit me hit my rear drivers side quarter panel and lower bumper and bent my axle. She made a left hand turn right into my car and I was going straight through the intersection. I jumped the curb and spun around twice on grass before I was able to get straight and back onto the road. Does anyone on this board know if I would have frame damage from this accident? She also totalled the rim on the rear driver's side, bent the axle as I already mentioned and I scratched both rims on the passenger side from going up or coming down the curb it all happened so fast I don't remember. Also, would anyone have an idea as to the dollar amount of the damage and if so at what point does the insurance company total the car? If I do have frame damage, what will the car drive like when I get it back? I was ready to smack this lady when I got out of the car and to top it all off she wasn't even ticketed for failure to yield the right of way. I've already asked my insurance company to get OEM Ford replacement parts, but I don't know if the car will be the same once I get it back. I'm really PO'd and any advice or help as to price or post collision issues with the way the car will drive if I get it back would be greatly appreciated from you guys.

Signed,

A totally upset GITY UUP