MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2002, 06:20 AM   #1
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Default Stumped with cooling issues...please help

Well I have a Ron Davis Radiator, 180 thermo and a Stewart High Flow water pump, 16" Perma Cool fan, no A/C so the radiator see's all the air. 100% water with a rust inhibitor..

Crusing through town or low rpm my car gets hot 200+ degress once I get going down the road it cools down, so I know the radiator is fine, the flow in it is great. I was at the track and when I left the line my car was at 200 degrees, on the N20 I was trapping at 224 degrees.

I was told by Stewart that I can spin this pump either way since the design of their impeller is different that a stock piece. Well I tired that over the weekend with minimal changes, it runs a tad cooler. I have no heat in the car so the water goes through nothing but the motor and the radiator, should I go back to a 195 thermo like a stock piece. I thought I was having belt wrap issues due to this March tensioner set-up, but now I have almost 4" of wrap and it still doesn't run nice and cool like it should.

Any ideas?

Check out RNH Performance Performance Engines and Custom Fabrication.
From Mild to Wild we can build what you want, when you want it.

FOR SALE Stainless Steel Torque Box Supports
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote