MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2002, 03:16 PM   #1
lx5091
Registered Member

Default clutch

As you can see in my sig, my 5.0 is stock. It will be for awhile, I don't have lot's of money because I rent a luxury apartment, have alot of extra's like digital cable/internet, cellphones, 3 cars and my wife barely works, but I will slowly keep upgrading. That said, I need a clutch and am having my local shop of GOOD GUYS @ MPE Racing in Taunton, MA install a clutch for me. They do high quality work and are replacing the pilot bearing and rear main, turning the flywheel and inspecting the crank just to be sure at a cost of $300 + the cost of the clutch kit.

I am going with the HD Ford clutch because I can't afford to spend $500 on a clutch $189 sounded just fine. He likes ClutchMaster. I did want to get the King cobra, but he wasn't convinced that it was worth it. He claimed he had one and also his buddy tried one and it seemed after engaging the clutch following the 2-3 switch the pedal would get funky, like bouncing.
So I decided not to go with the stronger pressure plate.

What do you think was happening? It sounds to me like the regular heavy duty pressure plate has just enough give to absorb the pressure but with the King cobra pressure plate so stiff, probably translated this right thru to the pedal. What do you think?

'97 Saturn SL1--Soon to be ditched for a Ford!
lx5091 is offline   Reply With Quote