MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
Green93notch
Registered Member

Default 00 m3 goes down...

yesterday on my way to college i was driving down rt 55 in Pk and all of a sudden a newer m3 gets up on my tail so i was doing about 50 so i decided to downshift into 3rd (should have went to 2nd) and he stayed with me a lil bit then i pulled a lil (saw his head lights gettin smaller) got to a light and he nodded his head no as if his car was faster so i nodded my head yes real fast cause i knew my car could move better then his, so finally i let traffic move ahead then pointed foward and he nodded yes.

so i counted down from 3-2-1-GO! ( i was in 2nd gear at 3k rpms and about 40 mph) BBBBBWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA my car is pullin on him( about a car length) i hit 3rd and waved bye bye and got about another car length then shut down at the top of 3rd to slow down.

we talked after a lil and, hes alright but all the excuses came out about the car from being an auto, to low of a rpm for him, to weighing about 4000 lbs, but if he beat my car it would have been different...so then why nod that you're ready? oh well i pulled on him $45,000 car hes got a friend with an 02 m3 and i want to race him from a stop and i told him too if he wanted to go from a stop that i wouldnt mind either ( i got nittos on back) it was fun though to pull on the car, made me feel proud to own a mustang

Vinny
cobra upper and lower intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 76 C&L Air meter, FMS 24lb in. steeda pullies, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 155 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames.
Track Times:
Lebonon Valley:
before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'

EnglishTown before gears - 2.34 60ft - 13.35 @108.12
Etown after - 12.851 @108.19 2.000 60ft
Green93notch is offline   Reply With Quote