MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
420nitro
Registered Member

Angry Looks like I broke it AGAIN!!!!!!

If I am right, I just broke the Precision Industries Torque converter again for the third time!!!
The first time was on a dyno which Precision stated that it was there fault becuse of some clearences in the converter. They fixed it and sent it back. Cool,.. no problems but still had to have the trans gone threw for cleaning. I had to pay out of pocket. Then the second time I broke it and they stated that I can't use a trans-brake with there converters unless I use there sprag-less type converter. Are you kidding me!!! So I was like....fine... I paid for the second fix and had it set-up for the new engine combo anyway. Now with the new combo and LEAVING AT IDLE, it seems I broke it AGAIN! The reason why I think it broke again is because it acts the exact same way as it did before WHEN THE SPRAG WENT OUT THE VERY LAST TIME! Nothing wrong with the engine. The trans fuild never got hot or even smells burnt! But drives like shyte ever since that baby launch. First pass and it went to shyte. Now could it be something with the trans and not the converter...yes but I honestly don't think so because the fluid isn't burnt. Fluid even looks clean. Won't know for sure untill I remove the trans and check it out again.
If your asking yourself then why I think it's messed up...the reason is before I race it at the track the car pulled hard enough to scare me on the street. That pass I made at the track almost put me to sleep with the exception of the launch from IDLE.
Now don't get me wrong, is the P.I converters bad...I will let you decide...as goes for my opioion...yes..but, maybe I just have awfull luck.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote