MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
StockRustang
Registered Member

Default calling all the Go Fast guys from this board...help needed

im doing this stock bottom end buildup, i did what i needed to do with putting a high volume oil pump in it, and other misc stuff to strengthen it. i have a performer RPM Airgap which will be port matched to my heads, had a box stock holley 750DP i bought a Proform race 750 body for it, and im right back to being stuck at the cylinder heads...

i had my mind made up on AFR Non Emission 185's...
untill my dad brought up the Jegs 2.02 aluminum heads and how i can run up to like a .550 lift cam on stock piston notches....

im thinking ican run an E303 or similar with the AFR's and make more power than iwould with the jegs cam and a slightly bigger cam..

so what do i do? go with the AFR's (which i know will make TONS of power) with an E303 cam (or similar)
or go with the Jegs heads and match it with a bigger cam....??????????
85 GT-currently: 8.8 with 4.10 and richmond spool, 31spline strange axles, Ties, GMS rear controll arms, stock rear springs, 50/50's, 90/10's up front with 4cyl springs, PA K-member and A-arms, and a motor i still cant decide what to do with.
StockRustang is offline   Reply With Quote