MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default Help Me out somebody please!!!

I got an 03 V6 convertible. i was stopped at a light today in the drive gear and i was putting up my windows cuz it started raining when the window was all the way up i accidently pressed the button again for it to go up more and when i did my engine bogged down like 300 RPM's.(Almost felt like it was missing) also when i am cruising at like 40MPH and i let off my gas and decellerate the car kinda jerks a little bit around 30-20MPH then it stops until i stop.it kinda makes your head go front to back like the brake is catching or something....all i have in upgrades currently is K&N cold air induction, neon lights and glowing gauges...i have an MAC exhaust system, from the headers back in my room awaiting installation but i dont want to do that in case i have to take it to the shop for the reason stated above.(cold air intake is easy to take off and put the stock one back in exhaust is not)...does someone no what is wrong? i damn near bought a new 130amp alternator today cuz i thought maybe i needed more power. I did consult a dealer 2 months after i bought my car in july of 04 about this problem...they said it was my K&N air intake, and said it screwed up the timing...i dont beleive them...they are butt-cracks telling me they can't do anthing about it...i then put it in storage and kinda forgot about it until today.....should i seek more help from another dealer or does any one out there have any ideas for me....PLEASE HELP I WANT TO PUT ON MY EXHAUST!!!!! OH yeah and i also i was looking into getting a BBK 70mm high flow throttle body. Does anyone have one or know anythign about them....i found an MAC 70mm throttle body for $169.00 and the BBK 70mm throttle body is $249.00.....do you think the BBK is better than the MAc or are the similar? IS it worht the extra money is what i am saying or is the MAC gonna do exactly the same as the BBK....they both say 12HP gain?? ALSO is an MAC Mass airflow sensor replacement a good idea or will it do nothing to improve my power....

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote