MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
nightmare95stang
a nightmare conversion...

Default fuel running out at high RPMs b/c of stock fuel lines

Was wondering if anyone could help. I went to get my car tuned and put down some O.K. numbers...but only until 5500 RPMs. The 2 problems were:

1. My current fuel system starts to drop off between 5000-5500 RPMs and my tuner told me this is probably because of the stock fuel lines being too small....and...

2. He only revved the dyno pull to 5500 because my spark was dropping off too (I need an MSD).

The bigger problem to try to solve is the fuel management because the fuel delivery is somewhat greek to me, considering I never thought I'd be making the power where my fuel would start to run lean.

On my 95 mustang, I'm running a 255 lph in-tank plus a T-Rex external pump. It's all going to a 331 stroker motor with 8.5:1 compression, 42 lb injectors, 95 fuel rails, and just 10 psi at 5500 rpms (looking for more once I get the MSD hooked up so it controls spark a little better).

The tuner told me a quick fix, that instead of getting an ENTIRE new fuel system (which I do not wanna do) is to get two 6 or 8 fuel fittings and sending line. He told me the order of the fuel delivery should be: one fitting on the T-Rex flow-out side, then a short fuel line to the fuel filter, then the longer braided fuel line run under the car up to the fuel rails, then the other fitting on the fuel rail. He said not to worry about the return line...at least just yet.

Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone have a suggestion on what exact size fittings come out of the T-Rex and go into the Fuel Rails, while still fitting on an 8-size braided steel fuel line? Or maybe a place where I can direct that question to? If anyone can help, that would be excellent because I am just lost.

Thanks!!
nightmare95stang is offline   Reply With Quote