MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
gsmotorsports
Registered Member

Default '83 TBird Build

Hey guys, I'm seeking some advice. I have a 1983 Thunderbird with a 302 with TBI, AOD tranny, and am looking to rebuild it. Practically the whole thing. I wanna stick with the 302, whether it be bored out and stroked to a 347 or bored out 30 over if it needs it. Ill decide that later. But Im looking for a mostly street occasional strip application. I want to take the TBI out of there and plop a 4bbl holley on it and REALLY want to stick a 5 speed in there. (when i say stick i mean shove...) The problem is I know everything I want to do, I just dont know what all needs done in order to do it... My tranny is starting to go (slips) because the previous owners rigged up their own linkage, called it good, and stuck a for sale sign in the window. The engine does need rebuilt and im looking for a very high horse motor. if i can keep it a 302 i want to push at least 325-350 horse and depending on whether it gets bored or not maybe more. Im not sure whether to bore it out very much or not quite yet... but I know i want to completely rebuild the motor from inside to out (cam, pistons if needed, heads, intake, carb) raise the compression to anywhere from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1, and convert my car to a manual. I want to put a 5 speed (4 speed with OD) in it. dont know if that makes any difference or not. and also change try to find a 9" rear end. Any help would be awesome, and ideas would be greatly appreciated, just dont try to convince me not to do it. Kuz it's going to be done.
Thanks,
GS
gsmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote