MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2001, 10:19 PM   #1
sublimelax
Registered Member

Question Important Exhaust Question - Please Read

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I have a really important question and would greatly appreciate it if some people could help me out. I have a '95 3.8L V6 5-speed Mustang. I would like to put dual exhaust with a couple of Flowmasters (either 50 or 30 series) on. I went to a couple muffler shops just asking questions and had three different muffler guys from three different shops telling me that dual exhaust on a V6 mustang is impossible. Two guys told me that the gas tank does not allow for the second exhaust pipe and that I would have to buy the tank off of a GT ($800 is what they said it would cost just for the tank) to have any chance at making dual exhaust work. The third guy said that he knew someone who did put dual exhaust on a V6 mustang and that it cost him $1000 to make it work right again. Now, I have read all over the internet about people doing this exact thing to their V6 mustangs so I know its very possible, but I don't understand how three different guys all told me that it was impossible. I would really like to put dual exhaust on my car, but now I'm just confused on this whole thing. Sorry this was so long, but please, please give me a little info if you know what I'm talking about. Thank you very much.
sublimelax is offline   Reply With Quote